Every week, PRIME and French Tech Hub publish the Weekly TechWatch, a short blog post collecting the key news we came across during the past week.
- Philips sells LED, automotive lighting for almost $3B, readies to reinvest in HealthTech
- Quintiles and Quest team up for lab testing with $575M JV
- 23andMe dives into retail with U.K. deal for personal genome services
- FDA ‘Taking a Very Light Touch’ on Regulating the Apple Watch
- Google Granted Patent for Smart Contact Lens
- IBM Scores Weather Data Deal and Starts Internet of Things Unit
- Amazon has invented tiny plastic buttons that allow for instant product ordering
- Cellular development kit for IoT now at Kickstarter
- Google’s ARC Beta runs Android apps on Chrome OS, Windows, Mac, and Linux
- U.S. Smartphone Use in 2015
- Startup touts wireless charging from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals
- Nigeria – it’s a mobile market, but not as you know it. . .