Every week, PRIME and French Tech Hub publish the Weekly TechWatch, a short blog post collecting the key news we came across during the past week.
- Medicare just saved more than 10 times the combined cost of Amtrak and the National Parks
- The problem with Congress’s new plan to pay Medicare’s doctors
- California starts statewide precision medicine initiative with Atul Butte at the helm
- The Problem With Satisfied Patients
- Jawbone and AmEx want you to pay for stuff with your fitness band
- Homes Try to Reach Smart Switch
- 3 Types of Internet of Things Investors — Which One Are You?
- The Apple Watch is already wiping the floor with the entire smartwatch market
- Google’s New Phone Service Bridges Cell and Wi-Fi Gaps
- Facebook Messenger Accounts For 10% of Global Mobile VoIP
- Mobilegeddon Checklist: How To Prepare For This Week’s Google Mobile Friendly Update
Smart City & CleanTech
- The Apple Factor: First Solar Explains Its Landmark PV Deal With the Tech Behemoth
- Folsom Labs, Solar Design Software Startup, Lands $1M in Angel Funding
- To grow up and not out, San Jose needs to get smarter (with more tech)
VCs & Business Angels
- Cybersecurity Financing is Booming, but Where Are All the Exits?
- Box lures startups with a new $40M pool of money, with help from Bessemer and Emergence
- There Are Now Over 9x More Private IPOs Than Actual Tech IPOs