In July, the members of the Open Innovation Club and invited guests met for the fifth Open Innovation Workshop. The three-hour workshop hosted at Renault Innovation Silicon Valley Center focused on Design Thinking.
Similar to prior workshops, experts in the field articulated the topic at hand, prompting a healthy dialog with the audience.
Successively the speakers engaged on the following topics:
- History of Silicon Valley Design with Barry Katz, IDEO Fellow, Stanford Consulting Professor Design Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Professor at the California College of the Arts. Publication – Make it New: The History of Silicon Valley Design, MIT Press 2015
- Creating change through design; shaping products and entire organizations with Youenn Colin, IDEO Portfolio Director
- Insights in creating collaboration for distributed innovation teams with William Cockayne, Principal at LeadiX, lead Lecturer in Foresight and Advanced Design Thinking at Stanford University.
- How to develop creativity and innovation across different cultural environments with Leticia Britos Cavagnaro, Deputy Director Epicenter at Stanford University.
- Live project leveraging design thinking with Serge Passolunghi, Head of Renault Innovation Silicon Valley.
Here is the highlight video of the workshop (pw: Design)
Blog Post written by Patrick Consorti.
Our next Open Innovation Club event is Nov. 18th on Smart Transportation.